Your new family member is waiting for you!
We encourage anyone considering adoption to complete an online application. Once you become a “Pre-Approved Adopter” you will be eligible to adopt any of the dogs/cats available in the rescue for up to 6 months. While there is no obligation to adopt if approved or up front cost to apply, we will sign you up for our “Pre-Approved Adopters” email list and send you updates on a monthly basis with current adoptables and new arrivals.
The online application process is as simple as this:
- Takes 5 minutes of your time to complete the online application.
- The Adoption Team will check veterinary, landlord and personal references.
- Coordinate with the Adoption Team to complete a Home Inspection and Meet & Greet with your entire family to discuss what type of pet would best suit your lifestyle.
- *Pick your new family member
- *Sign the Adoption Contract
Our adoption fees vary depending on the species and age of available pets:
- Kittens through 6 months of age $130
- Cats between 7 months through 6 years of age $100
- Senior Cats 7 years or older $65
- *All kittens under 8 weeks will remain in foster care. A $50 “Promise to Alter” deposit is required on felines adopted prior to being spayed/neutered which will be refunded upon certification of alter. AFO will reimburse the cost to alter providing the alter is performed at one of the approved clinics listed in the adoption/alter contract.
- Puppies through 6 months of age $400
- Dogs between 7 months through 6 years of age $300
- Senior Dogs 7 years or older $250
- *All puppies under 8 weeks will remain in foster care. A $100 “Promise to Alter” deposit is required on canines adopted prior to being spayed/neutered which will be refunded upon certification of alter. AFO will reimburse the cost to alter providing the alter is performed at one of the approved clinics listed in the adoption/alter contract.
All of our pets receive age appropriate preventive veterinary care to include:
- Adoption Kit (Contract, Records, etc)
- Microchipping & Registration
- Spaying/Neutering for adult pets(7 months and older)
- State sponsored spay/neuter eligibility for young pets (6 months and younger)
- Vaccinations to include: Distemper and Rabies
- Feline FIV/FELV testing for Cats
- Heartworm testing for dogs
- Deworming medications for intestinal parasites
- Ear Cleaning & Nail Clipping
- Flea & Tick treatment
Can't Adopt? FOSTER!
Foster care allows dogs/cats to live in a home environment while awaiting permanent placement. A home environment is essential (less stress) for pets who are pregnant, nursing or still too young to be adopted. Apply below to learn more!